Tuesday 1 August 2017

Curiouser and curiouser.....

I've blogged recently about taking a new direction workwise next year, and although I'm still uncertain about which path to take, thoughts and ideas are swirling around and gradually coalescing into a nebulous plan.

The problem is, I have loads of ideas for 'stuff to do' all the time... it's sorting the wheat from the chaff which is the hard part.  Nevertheless, the more I think about things, the more certain I am that it's all worth a go.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, and all that.

So.

For the foreseeable future I'm going to have plans for two 'projects' running side by side, while I engage in one of my favourite work-related tasks.... research and development.

Or Pinterest as it is sometimes known.

I'm also toying with the idea of forsaking my beloved 1/12th scale, and taking the plunge into 1/24th.  Yes I know it's no longer the new best thing.... the even smaller, and frankly impossible 1/48th scale has stolen that crown, but I've never been an early adopter.

As a result I'm in the market for a very specific half scale house.  There are lots around but none which tick all my specification boxes.  So whichever one I decide upon I'm going to have to do some serious kit-bashing.

That's my autumn/winter free time taken care of then........


2 comments:

Kathy Moore said...

Oh my gosh!! I am all for you turning your hand to 1:24! But then, as you may recall, I "am" Scale Designs and 1:24 is ALL I do!! I have been so sad thinking that as you close one door, I will lose my favorite 1:24 dolls from your hand. Now maybe as you open another door I will find more than just dolls! Tell me more! What sort of things do you want to make in 1/2" scale?

elly in amsterdam said...

I do 1/24 too, it is hard to find things in that scale. Since you live in the UK , however,it may be a bit easier for you. I am having a daily ebay search for 1:24 scale on ebay, maybe can be of help to you ? Unfortunately, shipping from USA is often crazily expensive, but there are also some things that are from the UK or that won't cost the earth to ship. Am waiting to see what you will come up with !
Herdwick Landscapes built me a lovely mouse house, btw 😊 .

Cheers,
Elly (Amsterdam)