So, during my casting session yesterday, I used the odd 10-15 minutes here and there to press on with my little French house to go in La Mignonette.
For lo.... it's finally almost finished!
I can't believe it's taken me nearly 4 years, since buying the kit to getting round to actually putting it together. It's been a challenge, as any 1/144th project would probably be, but I've really enjoyed it, and am very pleased with the results so far. It should go beautifully in my shop of dolls.
I still have to install the lighting, which will be even more of a challenge. I toyed with the idea of putting it in before decorating but decided that would be more problematic than doing it afterwards. I have some very, very tiny led light chips which will run from a button cell battery which I'll hide under the table. I'll have to drill three tiny holes through the back to slip the wires through, and I still have to think about what to do for lampshades, which will also have to be similarly tiny. I'll have a rummage through my box of 'findings' tomorrow to see if anything suitable presents itself.
I also want to furnish it, probably in a rather grand, French style. So I'm hunting for some 1/144th laser cut kits which I could alter to suit.
With regard to the rooms, at the moment I'm thinking of having a salon on the ground floor, dining room on the first floor, and bedroom on the second floor, although that might change if I find some wonderfully perfect, must-have furniture or accessories.
Tomorrow I'm minded to give an overview of the first stages of porcelain dollmaking.... the casting process. 🙂