Friday 27 January 2017

Day 27 - Blog post revisited......


So.

Only three days left of my blogging challenge, and just as with the doll casting marathon of the past three weeks, I'm definitely starting to flag.

But.  Serendipity.

A 'memory' popped into my FB feed this morning which was simply too good not to share.

I first did the 30 day blog challenge back in January 2015, and it's relevance to today is stunning.

However, for it to make sense, I'll have to go back two years and 2 days, when I posted this 

Day 25 - Errrmmmm.....


It had to happen eventually.

I've hit the 'blog wall'


Having just spent 20 minutes starting at my laptop screen, getting nowhere, I have to admit defeat.

So here's a haiku.....

It seems a lost hope
Thoughts and words escape me now.
Buggrit, oh buggrit.


However, next morning, my blogging muse had returned......

Day 26 - With a little help from my friend......


Scene - Sandra's desk in the office.  Her laptop is unattended while she's in the workroom.
Enter Small Dog, at a trot.  Breaking stride she leaps up onto the empty chair, and sits, looking at the computer screen, the germ of an idea forming in her furry little head.



A few minutes later, a tapping noise can be heard, which Sandra eventually decides to investigate.....

SD: (typing) * Helo.  This is Small Dog. Aparentlie mai mumm mukked up hur blogg challinj  yestirdai and sumwun sujestid that ai help hur owt so heer ai... 

Me: (from the doorway) Excuse me!  

SD:(turning slowly) O..... Hai


Me: What ARE you doing?

SD:  Helpen.

Me:  ?

SD:  Yue kno.... with yure bloggurs blok.  Shimmrin pros and stuff.  Ai am rytin it.


Me:  Down.

SD:  O but muurrrmmmm....... this is kawld showen inishyativ.....

Me:  DOWN! Now.

SD: (jumping down sulkily) *muttr, grumbul* wel thats the larst tym aym helpen yue, so DOANT wurri *skowl* emploiyea of the munth * mone, winj* kno gratitewd......


I sit down and stare at the screen......

Stuk with bloggurs blok
Kno problemo sais Small Dog
Ai am heer to hellp....

Noises off :  *muttr, sie* this is orl the thancs ai gett...... bluddie hai kews....doant kno what orl the fus is abowt.  Sum peepul have kno imajinashun *grumbl, snuffel*

Haiku dog is sad
All her help to no avail
She lies there and sulks....

*with sincere apologies to Blogger spellcheck, which is having a lie down in a darkened room*

3 comments:

Kathy Moore said...

Funny Small Dog!

Contrastes-Rosa Mª said...

Feliz fin de semana en buena compañía de Haiku :-)

Helma said...

What a dog!

Helma