Sunday 3 January 2016

Happy New Year.....!

So here we are in 2016.

That escalated quickly.......  it seems no time at since last New Year.  Or the New Year before that.  And so on.

I wonder what lies in store this year.  I'm not making any resolutions.  Probably the only one I'd realistically be able to keep would be "I'm going to put off doing things until the last nanosecond before the deadline expires"

Yes, there are things I'd like to achieve this year but I'm not going to beat myself up when I inevitably fail.

That's just how I roll.

It's back to work tomorrow, although the ghost of Christmas just gone still lingers.  I hate taking down the Christmas decorations.  They've glittered, sparkled and shone for the past few weeks and the house will seem deadly dark and dull when they've gone.

I'm a firm believer in not removing the traces of Christmas until Twelfth Night or 6th January, which is Epiphany.  Left to my own devices I'd leave them up until the tail end of February, which must be THE most depressing month of the year.

Perhaps some of the twinkling white fairy lights will escape banishment to the loft.  Perhaps all of them will.  

Dog knows if there's ever a time for extra sparkle it's January and February.

In the interim, should you need me, I'll be on Pinterest.......


No comments: