Wednesday 31 December 2014

Twixmas......

It's New Year's Eve.

I don't know where the past two weeks have gone.  Admittedly I did miss several days due to a raging abscess tooth infection, which laid me low for a while and made me wonder if I might have to have my Christmas dinner liquidised to drink through a straw.

In the downtime between Christmas and New Year I was full of plans to work on my own projects and do some serious strategic planning for the coming year.  

Predictably, I've had limited success with both of those. 

OK, so I've emptied my little shop window and dismantled it.  Or to be more accurate, it fell apart. 



Several years of being packed and unpacked to take to fairs have resulted in it becoming a bit ramshackle and I knew I would need to do repairs.  The fact that it has come apart of its own accord isn't a problem, as it will be easier to repaint if I remove the glazing and have the assembly in its separate components.

I've removed all the signage and the internal decor.  I've also painstakingly removed all the gripwax I'd used to fix the tiny toys in place but that's as far as I've got.

Similarly, my strategic planning is coming along s-l-o-w-l-y.  I'm finding it difficult to buckle down and focus on the task in hand.  

My infatuation, (bordering on obsession), with Pinterest isn't helping either.  The more I pin and build my boards, the more emails I get from Pinterest 'suggesting' other boards I might be interested in.  I know I should just ignore those emails, but it's always soooooo tempting just to click on one and before you know it you've spent an hour or more lost in 'Pinterest Time', which doesn't abide by any of the physical laws of the known universe.

There is no such thing as spending a few minutes on Pinterest.  I wish there was a virtual equivalent of tying a rope round what I laughingly call my middle, handing the other end to a responsible adult and instructing that I be pulled out after a specified amount of time.

I have no willpower.

*sigh*


1 comment:

NarinaNäpertää said...

huuh.. I know exactly what you mean with that ;"There is no such thing as spending a few minutes on Pinterest"
- can't believe how easy it is to "drown" in there.. I've tried few times just "drop by" there (a quick glimpse) - usually it's about 2 or 3 hours glimpse *grin*

I wanna wish you a Very Happy New Year! - may it bring nothing but good thing in your way :)
Hugs, Irina