Sunday 1 June 2014

It begins.......

Only a hermit or sportphobic recluse can have failed to notice that we're in the run up to the football World Cup.

Cars are starting to sprout those silly little flags sticking out of their side windows and there's advertising everywhere.

The entrance aisles in our local Tesco are festooned with bunting and awash with all manner of related tat under the title of 'Come On England'.  Similarly, every other supermarket is jumping on the bandwagon and marketing EVERYTHING with football logos.

I mean.  I ask you......


Sausages......  With footballs printed on them?!

Meanwhile,  not to be outdone, Asda are sailing close to the wind with their wearable flags....


http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2014/05/31/asdas-world-cup-flag-looks-suspiciously-like-a-ku-klux-klan-outfit/


*sigh*

It's going to be a l-o-n-g summer......

2 comments:

rosanna said...

At least we don't have printed sausages or at least I haven't seen them...yet.
But we have our share of "patriotic" garbage.
When it comes to me however I am proud to say that I never watched a whole match in my life: definitely too much boring!
Enjoy sunshine and wishes to SD, Rosanna

Karin F. said...

just be glad it's only football.... altho I'm not sure sausages with printed anythings on them is healthy.
Here you'll find cars with flags for fifa, hockey NFL etc etc but at least it's too hot for klan outfits LOL