Saturday 1 March 2014

Plotting and pottering......

This weekend is my first Saturday and Sunday off since the beginning of January.  I've been looking forward to it for weeks but now it's here I'm not quite sure what to do with it.

We took advantage of the unseasonably sunny weather this afternoon to have a leisurely stroll along the seafront with Small Dog out in front, implementing her rigourous 'Stop and Sniff' policy at every post and bollard along the promenade.

While PP indulged in a spot of beachcombing, Small Dog and I sat in one of the seafront shelters, enjoying the view and and the warm sun.

We're back home now though and already I'm suffering from Stuff To Do withdrawal symptoms.  I'm almost tempted to spend some time pottering about in the workroom which is still far from tidy.  Alternatively, and this is currently my preferred option, we could light the fire and settle down in front of the TV while I do some strategic planning in one of my lovely new project notebooks.

With coloured pens and sticky marker labels and everything.

A bit of stationery based displacement activity never goes amiss.

Tomorrow I'm planning to spend some time playing with working on my little doll shop.  I've amassed quite a collection of bits and pieces which I've been making over recent months and it would be lovely to work out where they're going and put them in situ. 

Speaking of which, I was doing some faffing around on the internet doll shop-related research earlier, and re-discovered this short animated film about a rather sinister doll shop.



 

*Note to self* - do NOT add any remotely weird or unsettling elements to La Mignonette,  Except, perhaps, for Smallest Small Dog and Archimedes........

3 comments:

Cestina said...

That is seriously spooky. I often wonder what goes in dolls houses when we are not there but semi-living dolls? Hmm....

ginnysminis said...

oh dear me....I will have nightmares now!!!! that poor little man trying to escape on his tricycle, naughty shop......naughty naughty enchanted shop!!! hahahahaha

Sandra Morris said...

Lots of people think dolls are creepy....I try to make mine as non-threatening as possible! ;)