Wednesday 17 July 2013

Where Bloggers Create - Ta Dah......!

Following on from the previous post.......

Walls painted a perfect shade of pale blue, it was time for the new carpet, a darker shade of the same perfect blue.

Loving that new carpet smell......
Newly repainted storage units reinstalled.....
During this phase, we rigged up extra electric sockets, boosting the original paltry 6 sockets to 16!  
 
 Dark wood bookshelves repainted with wonderful chalk paint to match storage units.

Work desk reinstated
 Finally with all the storage units in place, it was time to put EVERYTHING all back in again.....

You can NEVER have too much storage!


 The finished room.... definitely more chic than shabby!


 One of our cover features for Doll's House Magazine


World map mounted on foamboard so that I can use map pins to 
show locations of my blog readers and international customers

 My current project 'La Mignonette'

Magazine are stored in colour-coordinated box files
The tools of my trade are housed in boxes with printed colour slips inside

My little day nursery back in place, complete with miniature Small Dog!
Combined storage and work station

I just couldn't put my grubby, old, black, office chair back in there so my
luxury is a new IKEA chair, which fortunately has removeable, washable covers!

A place for everything, and everything in its place.....


An invaluable reference library of books on toys and games....


And inspirational Fairy Tales!



Storage unit and packaging supplies hidden behind vintage-look curtain








More storage for tiny bits and pieces.....
Wooden MOPPE boxes from IKEA, chalk painted then decorated with 
printed shabby chic papers, which I can change when the fancy takes me.


Space on top of the bookshelves for vintage toys and ephemera

Yet more storage in the form of sturdy cardboard boxes.....

A small selection of our tiny toy doll's dolls, miniature porcelain toy animals
and vintage Punch and Judy toy theatre.


I just love it!  We finally have a space in which to work which makes my heart sing.

It's not 100% finished......there are still some bits and pieces to tidy away, and a few more finishing touches to add, before I can start putting it all to use.  That is, if I can bear to make it even a little bit messy!

Perhaps I finally have the incentive I need to work in a more organised way, clearing away tools and materials and tidying up after each and every work session......





























27 comments:

FabShabbyRoses said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You are so fortunate to have such a beautiful place to work now! I'll bet it was a lot of hard work to get this accomplished!

Sandra Morris said...

Thanks!
I still can't quite believe it myself. No excuse not to be constantly inspired now though.....

Sandra

fairyrocks said...

WOW Sandra, that was worth the wait. A beautiful very Chic space to begin. Thanks for popping by. Your miniatures are spectacular!! I did a couple of doll houses when my girls were little. I can see by your work, I am going to have to go in and redecorate them. Thanks for the inspiration, Keep smiling and Happy Creating

Sandra Morris said...

Thanks Pam :)

You could always attempt to recreate your creative space in miniature! Now there's a thought.....

M.Narbon said...

wow!!!
Very nice!!!
is just the opposite to my workshop

A wonderful place to create!!!

Sandra Morris said...

Let me reassure you, it didn't look like this 3 weeks ago!
I'm absolutely delighted with it now though. I just hope I can keep it looking the way it does today!

KT Miniatures said...

Sandra...it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!You lucky person you, 'tis like something one sees on the pages of Country Living etc. Celia

Robin said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just glorious! Love the colours - just perfick!!
Rx

Sandra Morris said...

Thanks Celia and Robin.....

You can see now why I've been somewhat preoccupied of late!

So glad it's finished and I can get back to work....

Sx

Anna said...

Counting the photos..one can easily see how happy you are! :) It looks absolutely lovely and seems to be ready for new creating! I can imagine that this was a LOT of work! :)

Sandra Morris said...

Anna....

It certainly was!
Three weeks of wall-to-wall, back-to-back 12+ hour days.
I have to admit now though, it was completely worth it and if I can do it, anyone can!

Carmen said...

Love your light, airy and feminine studio AND your taste in fairy tales, doll houses, etc... :-)

Something Special said...

I loved watching the progress from start to finish and the end results are fantastic. thanks for sharing

DollMum said...

Fabulous - it looks miles better and I am suremyou will enjoy creating and working in your refurbished room.

rosanna said...

FABULOUS !!!!!!
I love it to bits!
Well worth the effort and pain.
Rosanna

Anonymous said...

Wow. It looks absolutely brilliant. So calming too. I love the colours and love your chair. (Green with envy)

Joyce

cathy @ ma vie trouvee said...

Oh it is so pretty so far! So many organized shelves and boxes - I love it! Enjoy your lovely new creative space! Cheers from Singapore

Anne said...

Sandra, Your new space is absolutely glorious. I love it. Did you sleep on the floor in there when it was finished because you couldn't bear to leave the room? Your make-over needs to be featured in "Where Women Create" that is published by Somerset Magazines. The whole world needs to see your amazing make-over.
Anne (trying not to be jealous and to still like you)

Sandra Morris said...

Thank you all so much.....

Anne....I've been sorely tempted to curl up under the desk but thus far I've resisted the temptation.

Cathy.... let's hope all that organisation pays off and I don't revert to my default setting of creative chaos!

Joyce... I love the chair too. But so does Small Dog who is desperate to get on it and relax. So far I have thwarted all her attempts.....

DollMum.... I have still to do anything creative in there. I can't quite get over the phase of walking in and going Oh. My. Dog!

Something Special... thanks for following all my trials and tribulations. I'm pleased that I had such a happy outcome to report.

Carmen...I'm so looking forward to creating fanciful fairy tale toys.

~Thank you all~
Sandra

Irene said...

Pure dead brilliant, Sandra! You've made an excellent job of your new workspace and I applaud your patience in covering all the storage boxes.

It's now a lovely inspiring place to work. Well worth all the time, effort and angst.

The Creative Bohemian said...

What a fabulous studio! I love all the pale colors.

Debora said...

...... wow! A workspace that is pleasing to eye as well, thumbs up cos all the work, labour and effort has paid off!

bobbie said...

What an absolutely delightsome area!! Cool, serene, beautifully organized... Thank you for letting us take a peek!

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

Oh how exciting, and what a transformation!!! I can almost hear your voice of excitement the way you wrote this : )
Looks so much more airy and fresh and the storage spaces are brilliant. Love the colour too, great background for a work space. Thank you for sharing your space, it was fun to see it step by step!!

Sandra Morris said...

Thanks again to everyone who has taken the time to visit and comment.
I'm still getting used to my new creative workspace but it's lovely to step into it each morning and be greeted by a vision of loveliness which even my now messy desk does nothing to diminish!
I only wonder why it took me so long to bite the bullet and get it done.....

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Let's just say, "it's a master piece". I loved watching it happening. Have fun!

hugs
cindy@stitches

Maureen said...

Beautiful Sandra! What a lovely, organized space...wow. It will certainly be a treat to create in!