Tuesday 11 June 2013

It seemed like a good idea at the time.....!

Blimey..... is it a week since my last post?

REALLY?

A whole seven days?

Well I never.....

I feel I should justify this appalling state of affairs but I can't for the life of me think what's happened over the past week to explain my extended absence.

Unless you count being away in the caravan over the weekend, but that was just two nights.  And the fact I've been really busy.  

Doing stuff.

Don't ask me what stuff, it's all a bit of a blur to be honest.  I do know that most of it was workroom related.  Not anything inspiring, like actually making my new curtains instead of just thinking about it.  Or buying the paint for my cupboard doors instead of just thinking about it.  Or starting to move all the easily moveable stuff into one of the (currently tidy) bedrooms instead of just thinking about it.

But I have been busy.  

Honestly I have.

It would help if we had a start date for the imminently disruptive work on the house, which is due to commence at some point in the hopefully not too distant future.  At that point, almost every room in the house will experience some degree of disorder, ranging from slight to extreme.  

It is is because of this disruption, which is going to happen whether I do anything to the workroom or not, that it seemed like a good idea to take advantage of it by planning a complete makeover.

But..... it's all a matter of timing.  Ideally the workroom needs to be out of commission for the shortest possible time.  Realistically, the least I can get away with is a week.  And that's if everything goes swimmingly.  It might not sound like a long time but I can feel myself hyperventilating at the mere thought of it.

My rusty project management skills will therefore be tested to their limits.  When I've ever even considered a workroom makeover over the past 10 years this is exactly why I've always discounted it as simply taking up too much time/energy/effort/enthusiasm.

However our planned renovations feel like too good an opportunity to pass up.  

It seemed like a good idea at the time.......


No comments: