Saturday 26 January 2013

Technologically challenged....

After a worrying 10 days, during which Small Dog seemed to get poorlier by the minute, it's a great relief that she is so obviously feeling so much better after her operation.  Despite the fact that she is probably still in some degree of post-operative pain (for which I want to reassure Sue that we are giving her painkillers) it's clearly nowhere near as much pain as she was in prior to the surgery.  Her ears are now pricked up and her eyes are full of life again...... we hadn't realised just how poorly she was.  Hopefully her recovery will continue apace and we'll soon have our perky little terrior back to normal again.

My concentration has been pants for the past week, as a result of which I've just footled around, unable to stick at any task for more than a few minutes before having to abandon it for some equally futile exercise in procrastination.  However today, reassured that Small Dog is on the mend, I've been multitasking like a multitasking thing.

A proper human dynamo and no mistake.

I've even started to make serious inroads into prep for the Thame Fair, which is now just four weeks away.

*takes deep breaths*  

Four weeks.

* head between knees*

Plenty of time.

*hyperventilating into paper bag*

And to this end, I decided to make a slideshow presentation, with the intention of loading it onto my digital photo frame to take to Thame for a bit of extra eye candy on our stand.

I don't know WHAT I was thinking......

I fear I may have grossly overestimated my abilities in that regard.  Sounds easy doesn't it?  Make a little slideshow.  Put it onto a memory card.  Pop it into your gadget.  Bish bosh.... bob's your uncle and fanny's your aunt.

HA!

In the end, after much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I've submitted a 'ticket' to the slideshow tech team, asking for an idiot's guide.

I'll let you know in due course if the 'idiot' turns up trumps.

Edit..... I tried to find an amusing image to illustrate the last sentence, but all I could come up with was this...... which will have to do.





 


 

No comments: