Wednesday 30 January 2013

I'm dyeing.......

You'll doubtless be relieved to learn that the title of this post doesn't refer to my hypochondriacal tendencies, but to the fact that this morning, having managed to get slightly ahead of the posse, I shall be hand-dyeing a batch of silk ribbons.

Quite why this should fill me with such joie de vivre is a mystery, even to me, but there's something positively life affirming about taking several piles of plain white ribbons and transforming them into a silken rainbow.

The process cheers my soul, which has been in dire need of cheering lately.

Despite this week being extremely fragmented (new tyres for car *HOW MUCH?!*, hospital appointment for PP, post-operative check-up for Small Dog, MOT test for car *HOW MUCH?!* etc) I have, inbetweentimes, been making serious inroads into my work schedule.  

I've even managed some short stints on the shop, as I set myself a deadline of the end of this week to get all the basic construction completed.  Not sure if I'll quite manage that but I'm not far off.

So with today being the only uninterrupted day this week I'd better get on and make the most of it.....


No comments: