Wednesday 12 September 2012

Multi tasking like a maniac.....



Have been in a whirl of activity since our return from holiday on Monday, and have managed to achieve quite a lot already.

We're anticipating the removal of the remainder of assorted offspring's stuff on Friday, which will finally mean that the great downsizing clearout can gain enough momentum to allow us to put the house on the market, hopefully in the next week or so.

It's been a long time coming.... we'd hoped to be able to move earlier this year but things just didn't work out that way.  However we've now got the bit firmly between our respective teeth and the wheels are slowly grinding into motion.

Of course there is still the small matter of having to earn a living, so today I've interspersed cleaning/tidying/organising and clearing out duties with several casting sessions.  I'll have to be careful to pace myself and not overdo things though, otherwise I'll land myself with a full-blown MS relapse. 

Which would be a Bad Thing.

I can't say I'm looking forward to the house-moving process.  Each time I've done it in the past it's been a potent combination of frustration, stress and worry.  The last time particularly so.  I still have nightmares about it.  Perhaps things have moved on and the whole rigmarole is less prone to the delays and setbacks which have informed my previous experiences.

Also, last time I moved, we mothballed the business for the duration, but this time I don't think that's an option, so I will have to be scrupulously realistic about what I think I can achieve and the time it will take.  Cue rafts of lists, planning, strategic, to-do and otherwise.

One thing is for sure, by the time we finally get moved, I won't want to do it again for a while.

Despite conscientiously concentrating on catching up with her sleeps, Small Dog appears to be aware that something is afoot and is rather unsettled, wandering round the house trying to find calm spots in which to nap.  I haven't the heart to tell her that it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better!

2 comments:

Karin F. said...

Oh I so feel for you! I hate moving.
But before that, there is still the pain of selling along with coming to terms with the price difference between what you as seller think it's worth and what they, the buyer want to pay.
You have my deepest sympathy!!
P.S. of course once the pain of selling, packing, moving and unpacking is out of the way, it'll always be seen as having been well worth it.
hugs ~K

Sandra Morris said...

Thanks Karin....

To say I'm not looking forward to it is a massive understatement!

Sx