Tuesday 11 September 2012

Easing in gently..... NOT!

Operation Catch Up began in earnest this morning and I've already made some small inroads into the mountain of tasks all clamouring for my attention.

I'm carrying a timer around with me and trying to commit an hour to each of the most important items on my list, which is going not too badly thus far.  Mind you, I'm only 4 hours in so it's early days.

Small Dog is being very conscientious about catching up on her naps, and is also 4 hours into her rigourous routine.  She did wake up long enough to visit me very briefly in the back bedroom, where I am attempting to rationalise the boxes of office stationery stored under the bed, and which, even if I live to be 100, I'll never realistically get to the end of.  

Seriously, in this day and age, just how many white, self-seal envelopes does a girl need?

True to form, after a lengthy camping trip, there are also piles of laundry and assorted camping stuff littering the house, so I don't feel too bad about adding to it by launching into yet another grand clearout upstairs.

Paradoxically, the only other room in the house which can generally be relied upon to be messy as hell, the workroom, is as pristine and uncluttered as it's possible to be.  However, this will change later this afternoon when I make a start on the commissions and orders outstanding since before the holiday.

So far so good..........


No comments: