Thursday 12 July 2012

SOLD.........!






My lovely vintage-style Toy Shop, which provided the original inspiration for this blog, has been sold and early next month will be making its way to its new home in Amsterdam!

I spent a poignant few hours earlier today carefully removing all the tiny toys, dolls and games, quietly astonished at quite how many I've collected over the past 30 years.

Some will be relocated to my day nursery room box, and I'm sure a few will find their way into my new shop of dolls, La Mignonette.  My entire collection of tiny working St. Leger toys will shortly be housed in a display cabinet where I can enjoy looking at them and easily get at them to play with.

But that still leaves a large number of wonderful miniature toys with no proper home.  I'm giving serious consideration to offering them for sale, either on our website or by auction on Ebay but I'm going to have to think about it carefully, as many of them are by miniature artisans from years ago, no longer trading and so are irreplaceable.  It's a tough decision.....

However, in the meantime I am delighted that my shop is going to be loved and enjoyed by a real doll's house enthusiast, and added to her already impressive collection.

No comments: