Tuesday 17 April 2012

Clowning around.....

Horrible grey, dismal, dreich day today in tandem with a fine drizzle, alternating with steady driving rain.

April showers it ain't....

However it is of no matter, as I am scheduled to be in the workroom all day today, working on four commissions which really need to completed by Thursday if at all possible.  

My mission today is to finish off a little clown toy doll which I started yesterday.  I'm having so much fun with it that I'm going to do another later if I have time, just for the hell of it.  I'm also toying with the idea of a juggling clown if I can turn my theory into working practice.

Normally, even the thought of clowns gives me the heebie-jeebies, but my coulrophobia seems to be well under control, probably because I'm not giving mine scary clown faces.

Other than the clowns I will be making a tiny Alice in Wonderland doll, a shabby chic doll, and a tiny witch doll..... so quite a variety.  To give a notion of the scale, none will be more than 1  3/4"  tall.

Which isn't very.  

Tall that is.

So I'd better go and crack on.....

 

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Have to say I'm with you on the Coulrophobia. I hate Clowns with a passion. I think I must have been frightened by a Clown at the Circus, when I was little. Then along came Pennywise and my Fears were confirmed..

Sandra Morris said...

Debbie....

I think it's quite a common phobia.
Ugh, Pennywise.... *shudder*

Sx

Anna said...

Just popped by to say Hello! and a very big THANK YOU from my heart for joining my blog as a follower! Wow...that made me a little bit proud that you took interest in my very very amateur-beginner's things! many greetings, Anne