Thursday 8 December 2011

Countdown to Christmas........

After a final push to get all the outstanding commission orders completed this week, then packaged and posted out this afternoon, I feel as though I can finally start to get into the Christmas spirit.  

I have designated Saturday as house decorating day, which necessitates getting into the loft tomorrow and doing battle with the legion of enourmous spiders who guard the Christmas decorations.

Once all the boxes are down, I'll be all set to transform the sitting room, hallway and dining room with all their festive finery.  When it comes to Christmas, I'm firmly in the traditional red, gold and green camp, disdaining whichever current fad dictates this year's colours and absolutely NO tinsel, glitter or lametta.  

This year turquoise and purple must be the 'must have' shades, if the selection in Tesco is anything to go by.  Each year, we buy a special decoration to add to the tree, and it was a struggle sourcing one today which was both traditional and in my chosen colour.  However, I did manage to find one so all is well. 


So, I'm going to make a start tomorrow by cleaning and tidying downstairs in preparation for decorating on Saturday.  If I'm really lucky there will be some old films showing on TV on Saturday afternoon which I can watch while I'm doing the tree.

Sounds like a plan........



No comments: