Thursday 8 September 2011

Are we nearly there yet.....?

This week has felt interminable.

Some weeks just whizz by.  One minute it's Monday, next minute it's next Monday.  The days in between pass in a blur.

This week the days have moved at a glacial speed.  It's only Thursday but it already feels like an age since Monday.

I'm not quite sure why this is.  I've been very, VERY busy this week, which usually means that time passes very quickly.  Certainly individual minutes seem to have gone in a flash but the days themselves have appeared to be twice as long as usual.

Strange.

However, I'm comforting myself with the fact that tomorrow is Friday and notionally the end of the week/beginning of the weekend.  Of course in practice, the concept of 'weekend' is rather tenuous when you're self-employed and it's really only when we're away in the caravan that weekends are completely work-free.

Despite my business this week, my to do list is growing.  It's my own fault.  I keep having Ideas.

I've started 3 (that's THREE) new projects this week, in amongst all the casting.  Two involve new kits in development, which as I explained just the other day, is a l-o-n-g  ongoing process.  The third is an idea which has been on the back burner for some time but which I've decided to take out of mothballs to see if it's viable.  I did actually spend quite a bit of time on it at the beginning of this year and was going great guns but I hit up against a problem so I put it aside hoping that a solution would suddenly materialise while I wasn't looking.


It hasn't, but I might be able to solve it by thinking outside the box.  Which is rather apposite as the problem is inside the box.


If you see what I mean.


However, I really need to focus and avoid getting sidetracked (yeah right!) so I put one of those 'helpful' countdown timers on my desktop this morning, which is cheerfully informing me that I have 53 days till my next 'event'.


Can you guess what it is yet?

No comments: