Monday 28 February 2011

Trying to cram a quart into a pint pot.............

Over the weekend I finally got round to putting everything away following the Thame Fair the previous weekend.  However, listing all the new toys on the website has been beyond me, so I'm planning to tackle it this week.

I'm really looking forward to a week of work, and hopefully being able to concentrate on what I want to do rather than struggling to keep my head above water in an ocean of stress, anxiety and worry.  The past two weeks have been challenging to say the least, but although I start this week back at square one, several hundred pounds down and feeling physically and emotionally exhausted, it's good to know that the weight of worry has been lifted.

For the time being.


I have lots of work to do this week.  The cut-off point for registrations for my online workshop is tomorrow (1st March) and I still have several kit packs to complete in specific colours requested by students.  If you're intending to register and let me know TODAY I can probably still make your kit in the colour of your choice.


I'm also carrying out a reorganisation of the workroom, trying to cram a quart into a pint pot.
I've decided that when we move house, I want to have everything work-related out of the house and into a garden workshop.   I know exactly what I want, how it will look, how it will work, and what will go in it.  Currently, the workroom contains a motley collection of storage units and shelving, as well as several kitchen wall and base units.  I'm planning to utilise two of the base and two of the wall units which will give me 2 metres of each, and EVERYTHING has to fit into them.....molds, tools, equipment, fabrics, trimmings, wood mouldings, toy components.

Everything.

I've hit on a cunning plan to keep 'everything' neat and tidy *cough* and have found a supplier of truly excellent plastic boxes with deep lids, which come in a variety of sizes, which fit exactly into the units.  


Thusly.....





For some unaccountable nerdish reason, this fills me with delight and I can envision each of the four units stacked with row upon row of neatly labelled boxes. 


They represent my shangri-la of organisational endeavour.


So I shall carry on, filling and labelling boxes, until either the units are filled, or I run out of stuff to store, whichever comes first.  I intend to be utterly ruthless, and cull anything which I don't really need so there will be some unrepeatable bargains to be had in the Clearance Sale sections of both websites during March which will be heralded on this blog first.


So, best go and crack on then.......

2 comments:

Robin said...

Glad to see you surface, mate. That's an awesome work load.....even if the boxing up does look exciting. I LOVE boxes!
Rx

KT Miniatures said...

Sandra...I am impressed. Looks all very neat and tidy. Hope this week will be a better week for you!
Celia