Wednesday 6 October 2010

Seeing red............

I think I might be going colour blind.

You know when you spend all day looking at a particular colour it seems to burn itself into your retinas and subsequently all other colours seem a bit weird?

Well that's what I've got.

It's on account of getting a timely reminder about the Reader's Special Offer Kit I'm doing for The Doll's House Magazine and the realisation that I have less than a month to prepare.  

Naturally when I agreed to do it, way back at the beginning of August, the publication date of 4 November felt like aeons in the future.  But time has a way of creeping up on me.

Actually, it feels more like time creeps up on me and whacks me over the back of the head with a sackful of my own good intentions.

And as we all know, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Apparently.

So, having designed my special offer, and submitting it to DHM, it's now all systems go and that's the reason I've been seeing red.








She measures just 1 3/4" tall and would make a lovely festive gift for a deserving doll's house child.  The handmade jointed porcelain doll is dressed in a gorgeous deep red silk dress with pleated skirt and silk, caped jacket, trimmed with white.

Her silk and lace bonnet is trimmed with lace and decorated with the tiniest sprigs of holly, designed specially for me by Alan & Kathryn of Templewood Miniatures.

The kit will contain everything needed to complete the toy doll, from her underwear and leather-soled silk shoes, to her glossy ringlet curls wig, plus patterns and full step-by-step instructions.

Full details will be in the December issue of Doll's House Magazine which is published on          4 November.

Hopefully by that time I will have got my colour sight back.....

5 comments:

Ascension said...

Me he enamorado de tu muñequita, es adorabale!!!!!!!!!!!
Ademas me encantan todos los detallitos que le has puesto.
Quedaria genial en una escena de Navidad.
besitos ascension

Sandra Morris said...

Gracias. Estoy muy contento de que ella es tan buena.
Tal vez Google Translate no es tan bueno!

Pan said...

How beautiful the doll looks. I love the clothes, especially the skirt.

Sans! said...

I see you have made her clothes in Xmas colours :):), I guess it was matter of seeing red or seeing green, devil and the deep blue sea. Your doll is lovely!

Robin said...

She's brilliant Sandra - love the colour!