Monday 8 February 2010

Monday again........

One slight advantage of working over the weekend is that there was no feeling of 'Oh no it's Monday' this morning.

I did manage to complete my list of tasks over the weekend, but today was given over completely to trying to get the newly refurbished office properly up and running. I must have walked miles today, going from room to room, upstairs, downstairs, out to the recycling bin, and back again. The mountain of mess in the dining room is certainly diminishing, but there still seems to be an awful lot of 'stuff' to deal with.

However, having given over a whole day to it today, I have to get back into the workroom tomorrow and crack on. Time is slipping inexorably away and I'm reaching the stage where I'm going to have to prioritise on what I can realistically finish in time for the fair.

I am now looking forward to 22 February, and the chance to get on with some of my neglected projects, primarily the little doll shop I mentioned last month. I haven't forgotten about the competition to select a name for it, but it will have to wait a few weeks longer before I get Small Dog to choose the winning name. So I'm extending the deadline till 23 February....if you didn't enter last month, then give it a go now.

The original post is here and to date I've had around 40 suggestions, not one of which has been duplicated, so there is obviously a lot of original thought going on.

Just to remind you, I'm revamping the corner shop into an 1890s Art Nouveau building in the French style, which will sell exclusive Sunday Best dolls for discerning doll's house children.

The chosen name, as well as gracing the shop, will win its contributor one of my little Jumeau-style toy dolls.

Good luck!

No comments: