Sunday 17 January 2010

My destiny.......


My horoscope for today reads:-

Delving into the more obscure areas of whatever work you do could be your primary focus today, Sandra.
This could involve some in-depth research, or exploring possibilities for new enterprises, or even something as mundane as cleaning out drawers or file cabinets.
Some intense conversations concerning these matters could take place.
Don't be surprised at anything you turn up! Strange objects and/or information are definitely in the wind!

Now. The part which caught my eye was "something as mundane as cleaning out drawers or file cabinets." This is exactly what I should be doing today, in preparation for a makeover of the study/office. We have two rather lovely wooden 2-drawer filing cabinets. One is easily accessible and PP and I have a drawer each for our personal filing, household accounts etc.
The other is ostensibly for business stuff but is completely inaccessible, living as it does, behind my little folding laptop table. I honestly have no idea at all what's in it.

Possibly strange objects abound.

I don't think I've been into either of those two drawers more than two or three times since we moved here 6 years ago, so there can't be anything vital to the running of the business. I have a vague, hazy memory of there being several years worth of tax-related bumph, along with masses of work-related information going back to 1989, vintage books of cheque stubs, bank statements relating to accounts long since closed. All that kind of stuff.

Realistically I should be able to just shred and or recycle the lot, without giving it a second glance.

Realistically that is never going to happen.

I'm going to have to look at every single piece of paper and make a decision on what to do with it.

Keep
or
Shred
or
Recycle

Some days I could zip through both drawers in record time, safe in the knowledge that all my decisions were spot on and that nothing valuable or important had been discarded.

Today however, something in my brain isn't quite working properly, and my thought processes are clunky and unreliable. It's probably MS throwing a spanner in my cognitive works and I know I'll just have to wait for it to pass, and the MS gremlins to move onto some other part of my anatomy.

However, I had 'scheduled' this weekend for further clearing out the office so that we can get the flooring replaced and create a workspace more conducive to creative endeavour. This of course will mean completely emptying the room, which is a Good Thing.

Nothing, NOTHING, which isn't useful or essential is going to be allowed back in. Which means that for the duration, the dining room is going to look like a tip and the resulting overflow will creep into other downstairs rooms until the fate of various 'stuff' is decided.

So I really need my thought processes to be working at optimum capacity.

Which they're not. Resulting in a flaw in an otherwise damn fine plan.

Buggrit.

No comments: