Sunday 27 December 2009

Twixmas limbo............

Right.

That's it.

I've had enough of Christmas now and am keen to move on to pastures new.

The week between Christmas and New Year is traditionally the one week in the year when I get to work on my own miniature projects unhindered but this year is different primarily as we are going camping with friends for New Year.

Yes.

Camping.

I've just checked the forecast and it will apparently, after the windchill factor is taken into account, feel like -9 degrees.

So a bit on the nippy side.

Before we go we will have to get some red-bottled calor gas which doesn't freeze. We learnt the hard way a few years ago, when camping in sub-zero temperatures and our blue-bottled gas froze solid, and so we had no heating. We won't be making THAT mistake again.

No by no nonny no.

Small Dog, who is always up for a spot of camping, has already started on her packing, which consists of all of her fleecy jumpers, her coat and her all-in-one pyjamas. Not to mention BOTH of her fleecy blankys and her little hot water bottle.

I am lobbying to take a spare duvet and will be scouring the sales tomorrow for some thermal pyjamas and bed socks.

However, despite the prospect of freezing to death, I am sure that we will have a good time. The campsite is fully booked, which means that there will be dozens of little impromptu parties breaking out in caravans and motorhomes all over the place, and we will even be hosting a few ourselves. Our little campervan will be decked out with twinkly, sparkling lights and made as warm, cosy and welcoming as possible.

As a boney fido Scot I will of course, be observing the traditional Hogmanay rituals. We will be taking a piece of coal, not to mention a bottle of excellent single malt and will be going 'first footing' in the wee small hours of New Year's Day.

All in all, the whole endeavour sounds like an excellent antidote to Twixmas limbo..........

5 comments:

julie campbell said...

OMG you are either very brave or totally mad LOL Hope you have a fab time , thermals and all !
I am now officially working on my own mini projects and loving every minute, but I'm not moving more than 6 feet away from the fire at any given time ;0)
Happy Hogmany,dont forget the malt whiskey !
julie xx

rosanna said...

Have a great time and keep that single malt glued to your hands. I suppose you'll need it to warm you up. Best wishes Rosanna

Bev said...

Wow, brave women you are! But its it all because of your cosy campervan - wish I had one too. And thermals always great - I love Marks and Spencer's black ones which as a push work as tops. As a push.

Anonymous said...

Brave or Mad??? Not that is the question. Personally I will go for the latter. I haven't been over the door apart from twice a day to feed the birds since we walked down to our local Co-op last Wednesday and I don't intend moving far from the fire today either.
Actually I do envy you. Even if it is cold you will be moving about from place to place overnight rather than trying to snuggle in bed to keep warm.
Enjoy your break and please let us know about the fun you have.

If you don't make it back in here before you leave then I take the opportunity of wishing you, PP and SD and all your followers a very Happy and Prosperous 2010.

Enjoy - everyone.

Joyce

Kim said...

Wow!! I hope you stay warm. I do not know if I would be brave enough to camp in the cold- and I am a native Minnesotan- we know about cold here :) I hope you have a fab time and get a bit of rest and fun in also :)