Tuesday 1 September 2009

Summer's Last Hurrah................

Returned home yesterday following Bank Holiday camping trip. Weather over the weekend was mixed - biblical rain on Friday, high winds, brief periods of scorching sunshine - but yesterday the sun shone from a mostly cloudless sky and temperatures climbed, producing a shimmering heat.

However, today, 1st September, as if by magic, there is definite autumnal taste to the air. The leaves on the trees in the woods at the top of our garden are starting to turn and there is a fresh edge to the breeze which is a harbinger of things to come. The nights are now noticeable drawing in, and our BBQ on the patio last night had an indisputable 'end of summer feel' about it.

I am also painfully aware that with the demise of the summer, there are so many things that I haven't done, and the lack of items ticked off my 'to do' lists is getting me down. The 'helpful' countdown timers on my desktop inform me that just 66 days remain until our next fair, so there's nothing else for it but to roll up my sleeves and buckle down to some serious work over the next month or so.

Today, I shall be mostly doing casting.........tiny toy dolls and little toy animals. I'll take the radio into the erstwhile casting room (aka dining room) and immerse myself in technical endeavour.

And I can confidently declare that there will be absolutely NO displacement activity for me today.

No comments: