Wednesday 17 June 2009

Written in the stars...........

For some obscure reason, lost in the mists of time, I have a daily horoscope delivered to my email inbox. I started it for a bit of a lark years years ago, and now I can't stop it. Not because I am an avid believer in my astrological destiny, but for the entirely more prosaic reason that I can't remember either the login or password required to switch it off.

Anyhoo, this morning I was mumbling and moaning to PP about my personal To Do list, (not to be confused with the business To Do list, about which the less said the better) which includes a plethora of Extremely Urgent Stuff, all of which has to be done and dusted by the end of this month. Complex, time-consuming stuff such as sorting out our campervan insurance renewal after seeking competitive quotes, completing and submitting my online tax return, assorted other financial gubbins etc etc etc.

The length and complexity of the list renders me transfixed and immobilised, rather like a rabbit caught in the headlights of an oncoming juggernaut.

So, I was more than slightly miffed by this morning's horoscope offering which reads as follows:

Hello Sandra!

Here's your horoscope for
Wednesday 17 June

If there's work piled up that is long overdue, Sandra, today will be the day to dig in. Added strength and mental acuity are in the air, and the projects you couldn't get to before will be readily accomplished. Make the most of the energy provided by the planetary aspects by not putting anything off. If you procrastinate, the pile will just get bigger. Do what needs to be done, and you'll feel great after.

Oh, just bugger off right now, Astrocentre!

What I DON'T need is to be told that I'm firing on all cylinders and will power through a list of tasks with consummate ease, when I know I'll patently not.

And yes...... if I did 'do what needs to be done' I'm absolutely sure I would 'feel great after'. Talk about stating the obvious.

Sheesh!

I am now seriously disgruntled and even less likely to perform well today, thereby neatly confounding my celestial prediction and creating a reverse self-fulfilling prophesy.

No comments: