Tuesday 30 June 2009

Hopes cruelly dashed.............

I have all but given up hope.

Imagine my excitement and anticipation this morning when the following popped into my inbox, courtesy of my daily astrological forecast.....

"A sizable sum of money could come your way today, Sandra, probably as a total surprise. This is definitely a significant day in your life. The money will open up new doors for you, particularly where creativity is concerned, so the situation definitely calls for a celebration. One caution: do NOT gamble, or consider any kind of investment other than gold, land, or blue chip stocks or bonds for at least two months. Instead, treat yourself! You deserve it!"

I eagerly awaited the post delivery, sure that my premium bonds had finally borne fruit. But alas there was nothing.

Each time the phone has rung today, I've breathlessly swept it up, convinced that some long-lost relative had popped their clogs and bequeathed me all their worldly goods, so their lawyer would be on the other end with the sad/glad tidings.

However it is now 9pm and I am losing faith.

The prediction was so emphatic.

So clear and straightforward.

I had even put a bottle of bubbly (cheap Cava) in the fridge in anticipation of the revelation.

Well, never mind. We've drunk it now anyway.

*sigh*

Still, they say good things come to those who wait..............


2 comments:

Grey Area said...

I get a lot of letters and emails from an amazingly polite man in Nigeria, and a lovely woman from a church in South Africa, and another from the wife of a man in Zimbabwe who are all desperate to give me gazillions in cash....but I have decided it would ruin me and am ignoring their desperate pleas to help them out by sending them my ban details.

I am a saint.

Sandra Morris said...

I am constantly amazed at the frequency of unexplained deaths in far flung forn parts, resulting in vast reserves of cash being made available to me as a complete stranger.

Rather than supply my bank details I have asked that the funds be sent to me in the form of a postal order, or Green Shield stamps, but my words constantly fall on deaf ears.

I have even suggested that these huge windfalls be given to more deserving causes, such as orphanages or cat's homes in the afflicted countries, to no avail.

I admire your restraint in the face of such unsolicited largesse.

Saintly conduct indeed.