Thursday 28 May 2009

Butterfly brain.............

D'you ever have one of those days when you constantly flit from one task to another, faffing around and achieving absolutely nothing?

Well I'm having one of those days today.

Started off this morning. I decided to continue work on a new tiny doll costume which had been going very badly yesterday. I had already drafted a fitted jacket pattern, and after three tries it STILL wasn't fitting quite right. This morning, I thought I knew how to make it work but I'd only been fiddling with it for 10 minutes when it suddenly occurred to me that I was overdue replying to some urgent enquiries.

So through to the 'office' to print off the letters, collate two catalogues, address and stamp envelopes.

However part way through this 15 minute task, one of the ink cartridges ran out so I decided that it was suddenly more important to sort out what I needed in order to start work on an order.

20 minutes later, I discovered I was missing a vital component and downed tools to see if I could track it down on the internet.

It's been like that all day........ flitting from one half-finished task to another, accomplishing nothing and feeling increasingly uninspired and ineffective.

Meh.

Some days I can zoom through a long list of tasks swiftly and efficiently. Other days it's as much as I can do to boot up the laptop and stare zombie-like at my burgeoning 'to do' list.

Oh well *sigh*, never mind.

To quote the prescient words of Scarlett O'Hara........ 'After all....tomorrow is another day........."

2 comments:

rosanna said...

There must be something in the air, a new virus may be. I feel exactly the same, I've begun lots of things an accomplished nothing. On the overall I feel a perfect dummy.

Sandra Morris said...

Good to know it's not just me!