Sunday 8 March 2009

Lottery winner!!!!!!!!!!!

My heart skipped several beats earlier this afternoon when an email from the National Lottery informed me:

"Dear Sandra,

We have some exciting news about the ticket that you bought for the Friday 06 March draw."

Now, for the record, I hardly ever buy a lottery ticket. Gambling is the devil's temptation and I see it as throwing good money after bad.

However, Friday was Gorgeous Daughter's birthday, and as the EuroMillions rollover stood at £85 million I bought her a lucky dip ticket and one for small dog, who is a bit of a gambler on the quiet.

Before my trembling fingers clicked on the link supplied, I scurried through to the kitchen to inform PP about the impending 'exciting news' and during our joint 10 second trip to the study we had a brief exchange about how it would most definitely change our lives. Small dog fully entered into the spirit of the thing too and accompanied us to check her winnings.

With all three of us holding our collective breaths, I clicked on the link and scanned the page for details of this life-changing win........

Congratulations, you're a winner!

Game: EuroMillions
Prize: £6.70
Date: 06/03/09

BUGGRIT!!!!

.

7 comments:

Grey Area said...

'an embarassment of riches'

never mind, it would not have brought you any happiness ( I'm lying, of course )

Sandra Morris said...

Yeah.....right!

I was already mentally arranging the new furniture in my lovely big house right on the beach.....

rosanna said...

Well, better then nothing. My mum used to say that she wanted to win only the money for an aperitif...

Sandra Morris said...

Aperitif?!

I suspect my win wouldn't even run to one...and don't even get me started on finding a National Health dentist to fit it.

No, I don't know what I'm talking about either. I think the excitement of the win must have gone to my head.

Debbie said...

LOL.. The same here Sandra we did the Euro and like you we won, but ours was £5.10..

Sandra Morris said...

Woohoo Debs!

We're having a champagne reception here and small dog is dancing the light fandango.

Who'dathunkit!

Debbie said...

PMSL... Is she wearing a party hat & Tutu...