Wednesday 5 November 2008

History in the making............

Feeling a bit bleary-eyed today after staying up till stupid o'clock this morning watching the momentous events unfolding across the pond.

It felt like one of those pivotal moments in history which engender a sense of belonging, and witnessing a ground-breaking achievement.

Except if you're a Republican of course.

Small dog kept me company into the wee small hours, falling asleep once or twice but immediately rousing at the prospect of a warming mug of hot chocolate, or a biscuit.

I think the whole 'clean sweep' concept of the night must have percolated into my sub-conscious, because this morning I spent quality time clearing my side of the workdesk, and generally tidying up the chaos which is a permanent feature of the workroom. This mess is always much to the annoyance of Perfectionist Partner, whose own side of the workdesk is immediately recognisable as it is usually possible to actually see the surface of the desk itself.

This is in stark contrast to my side, which is normally several inches deep in ribbons, dolls, sewing paraphernalia, half-finished projects, scribbled notes and ideas.........the list goes on and on. I don't actually like working in such a mess but somehow, no matter how hard I try, my attempts to maintain areas of clear workspace are always doomed to failure.

However, no matter.

It is impossible not to feel a renewed sense of enthusiasm and positivity, and the thought that maybe, just maybe, all may be well with the world in due course.

Small dog was keen to do her own little bit of flag-waving today so here is her suggestion for a suitable contribution to the historic occasion...........

No comments: