Tuesday 27 May 2008

The joy of numbers...........

HA!

I was being ironic.

There is no joy of numbers, or indeed in numbers.

I can state as much with absolute certainty, having spent the past 4 hours attempting to complete my end of year accounts, left in abeyance over the holiday weekend.
Prior to that I had spent two whole days engaged in this activity.

Currently, the only room in the house with enough space to spread out all the paperwork etc is the dining room, which currently looks like this...........


I hasten to add that this photo was taken AFTER I'd tidied up.

Nor does it show the two boxes of paperwork on the floor, or the bag of waste paper and rubbish.
And I've pushed the empty tea mugs to one side, so as to reduce the general air of chaotic squalor.

However, on the plus side, I have at least collated the raw data and put it all neatly into a spreadsheet. Now all that remains is to actually file the tax return online.........a process which admittedly takes a very short length of time, compared to the actual doing of the accounts.

I am absolutely determined to get it all finished, done and dusted by the end of this week so that I can at last turn my attention to working on new ideas and projects, which have been bubbling away in my creative consciousness for several weeks now. And I need a clean slate workwise in order to free my muse.

Hence the assault on the accounts.
Plus outstanding orders.
Plus all the invoicing/paperwork related to those.

So nose to the grindstone, shoulder to the wheel and all those other extremely uncomfortable phrases associated with work.

No comments: