Thursday 3 April 2008

Ebay blues............

I have a love/hate relationship with ebay.

I love searching for that elusive miniature marvel and the thrill of bidding to win it.
I love the way I can keep track of all my 'doings' in the one place.
I love the fact that I can have a shop window open to the whole world (if they know where to look)

However, for all the positives (and there are many more) there are just as many negatives. And ebay often has me tearing my hair out with frustration.

For example, today ebay uk have had a 5p listing day. As with all ebay offers there are strings attached and there is a long list of do's and don'ts which must be adhered to.

Fair enough.

As I've been otherwise occupied for the past month or so, my ebay selling has been rather neglected, so today I wanted to take advantage of the cheap listing to put up a few more items, on auction and buy it now.

So far so good.

Took photos and settled down to list a fairly modest batch of around 12 items which I anticipated would take 2 hours at most.

The process took almost 6 hours.

6 HOURS!!! To list just a dozen items!

And that's using mis-named Turbo Lister, which is the least turbo-charged tool I have ever come across.
I can't be the only one who finds the whole listing process tedious in the extreme. Which is why I tend to put it off till cheap listing days. When of course everyone else is trying to list their stuff too so the whole thing system slows to a crawl.

Catch-22

Still, at least I managed to finish without Turbo Lister crashing my laptop (which it is wont to do) or freezing solid so I can't close anything down and have to resort to taking out the battery, which requires finding a small screwdriver and struggling with 4 microscopic screws. So I suppose I must be thankful for small mercies.

However I have most certainly had enough for today so I'm downing tools early to indulge in some displacement activity.

With the aid of small dog.

Enuff said.

No comments: