Tuesday 19 February 2008

Fruits of my labours.......

I suspect there are those among you, browsing my blog (and you are out there.....I know because my little map gizmo has developed a rash of little red spots!) who wonder if I ever get any work done at all.

What with setting fire to myself, and cajoling small dog to model the latest in canine style statements I suspect you might imagine that this blog is merely a smoke screen (ha, no pun intended). I wouldn't even blame you if you held the view that despite my protestations to the contrary, I spend vast amounts of time with the displacement goblins, or mooching on eBay, or amusing myself writing posts on here.

So to prove my credentials, and also, if I'm scrupulously honest, to show off my work just a little bit.............(that's a blushing, shamefaced smiley who should be animated but seems frozen to the spot)

........... here is the result of my past 10 day's labours.


Now all I have to do is photograph them all individually and add the photos to their certificates, then I can carefully nestle them in their boxes ready to pack for Miniatura.

I'll be starting a new and different batch this week, including a few vintage bride toy dolls just 1 3/4" tall, and some tiny little ballerina toy dolls at 1 1/2", so I'm scouring the internet for ideas, especially for the ballerinas. Naturally there will have to be tiny Firebird, Swan Lake and Nutcracker tutus, plus any other particularly eye-catching costumes.

If time permits (although it probably won't) I have in mind to do a few fairy tale characters as little toy dolls........Little Red Riding Hood appeals, as does Goldilocks and the Fairy Godmother from Cinderella.

My problem is that I have way too many ideas and never enough time............

No comments: