Sunday 9 December 2007

Painting and decorating.........

I've managed several hours work on the toy shop over the past two days.

Finally got the grip with the mitres and finished the cornicing in all four rooms. Don't mind if I never see another mitre ever again! However I have to admit, despite the wailing and gnashing of teeth, the finished ceilings do look good.

Also got round to finishing the areas of wallpaper and paint which were outstanding.... lots of small areas which I'd been putting off as I knew they would take a lot of time and patience.

I've also varnished the wooden floors as they looked a bit dull and flat.

So....progress

Next task is to hinge the attic roof, which will be tricky as is it impossible to wield a screwdriver in the available space.

I'll take some photos later this week to record the latest developments. Plus the basement kit is arriving sometime after Wednesday so lots of plans to make for that.........

No comments: